So your best bud is getting married. He is saying goodbye to the young and single life once and for all.
He has chosen you to be his best man and that means you have to plan a stag party. Your name is on the line here. If you throw a lame party, you will hear about it for years to come. So, we have come to give you a few tips.
First of all, be honest with yourself.
How good are you at this? If you are having the guys over for a night of poker, do you actually have chairs for them to sit in?
Do you know that beer and chips are not enough for a weekend bash?
If this sounds like you, you may need the help of a first-class party planner. Check out this website. Parties are already planned and every detail has been taken care of. Of course, you get all the credit.
How to put together a great stag party
- Hire transportation for the evening. You might want a limo, hummers, jeeps, or a party bus. Whatever it is, make sure you and they know the itinerary. They need to be there when and where you tell them. You do not have to have a designated driver or worry about anyone passing out in your car.
- Pin it down. Have a time for everything. Start with a pick-up service, then to your favorite sports bar. Have a meal to get the night started. Make sure you pick a place to eat with a bar and get a private room.
- Next, choose the fun for the evening. Here are a few ideas:
- Casino gambling
- Atv riding
Whatever fun you plan, do it before the bar crawl.
- Make sure you go to all the bars you like just keep to your schedule
- You will stay at a luxury hotel, with a bar included.
Small Things, Big differences
- Limit your events to one event per day – you will need to give people time to sleep in the morning. If you like you can schedule a sauna and hot tub stop in the hotel mid-day, before you get ready for the night.
- The final party will be private. You can set this up with your luxury hotel, or a gentleman’s club of high reputation. Make sure you specify if you want sexy waitresses, topless waitresses, strippers, or just one dancer for the groom.
- You will want a photographer but be very careful of who has the pictures.
- As the best man, you are responsible to make sure no one gets so wasted that they start a fight or tear up the room.
- Make sure the groom picks up a gift for the bride before you head back.
Remember, the stag party is supposed to be all about fun. But do not cross the line. More weddings have been canceled because of stag parties than any other reason. If the groom gets in trouble, guess who will take the heat with him? Have some fun, travel if you want. Make it a trip of a lifetime. But do it with class. He is depending on you to keep everything in order.